These very easy instructions are great for those with basic sewing skills. Shirring is a very easy technique - it's as simple as sewing a straight line. The Aivilo Shirred Sundress & Top are fun, quick projects with an absolutely beautiful finished item. Not just for summer, you can pair your dress or top with a turtleneck and jeans and take this feminine style into cooler weather! Instructions are included for sizes 6 months to girls 14.
• Lightweight woven (not knit) fabric - calico or other cottons work well. (exact amounts are based on size)
• Elastic thread – look for this in the elastic section of your fabric store. Generally comes on spools in white and black; you should purchase the color closest to your fabric color.
• Heavy Duty or regular thread to match your bodice fabric
• 1 package of ¾” elastic
• Safety pin, any size (to pull elastic through the straps)
• Rotary cutter & mat OR ruler & scissors